Whether you’re looking to establish an emergency fund or save for a special purchase, that elusive $100 can seem like a significant milestone. But you’ll be surprised at how quickly you can reach it when you put your mind and effort into it. In this blog post, we aim to provide you with practical, easy-to-follow strategies to make an extra $100 in a week. Let’s dive in!
Selling Unwanted Items: Your Trash, Someone’s Treasure
Don’t let old belongings gather dust; turn them into cash instead. You’d be amazed at what people might want to buy.
Clear Out Your Closet
- Look at your clothes, shoes, accessories that you seldom wear.
- Online platforms like Poshmark, eBay, and Mercari make it easy for you to sell pre-loved items.
- Remember to take clear photos and write enticing descriptions.
Tech and Gadgets
- Legacy models of smartphones, laptops, or consoles are surprisingly sought after.
- Check out Gazelle or Swappa for selling options.
Freelance or Find Odd Jobs
Earning extra cash doesn’t always require you to sell something. You can market your skills instead!
- Use platforms like Upwork or Fiverr to showcase your skills and find prospective clients.
- From writing, designing, programming to data entry work, there are tasks to match every skill set!
- Websites like TaskRabbit or Craigslist offer a range of jobs right within your local area.
- These jobs can range from assembling furniture to helping with a move and can provide that quick cash injection you need.
Participate in Paid Surveys or Review Websites
It’s astonishing how much companies value consumer opinions these days. Take advantage of this!
You could earn up to $10 per test on sites like UserTesting by simply providing feedback on different websites and apps!
Rent Out Your Space or Car
Consider monetizing your assets without selling them. Here’s how:
Various platforms like Airbnb offer options to rent out an unoccupied room or even your entire place over the weekend!
If you have a spare vehicle or don’t use your car frequently, consider listing it on Turo to earn some cash.
“In order to reach your finance goals, start small and aim big.”
Remember, everyone’s $100 journey will look a bit different, and that’s okay! Try different methods, mix and match, and find what works best for you. Making an extra $100 in a week may seem challenging initially, but with these techniques, you’re well on your way to padding your wallet. Let us know how these strategies work for you!